Friday, March 2, 2018

Chicken Pin Cushions

c
Hello Crafty Friends, and Happy Friday to you all! Today I'm sharing a Chicken Pin Cushion that I made using Really Reasonable Ribbons to embellish with. Its always nice to find other ways to use ribbon and laces, and I think this was a fun way! I Love how these turned out, using ribbons, seam binding, lace, flowers, and leaves all from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

So for the tail feathers I chose to ruche up seam binding instead of using material, I used this in place of it. This is the Rose Petal Seam Binding from RRR.  I also wanted to use some ribbons, and chose for my ribbon treatment on my chicken to use the Delicate Stitched Ribbon and Pink Canvas Colored Band with Stitched Edge Ribbon.  I used a Rose bud in Hot pink and 2 metal Antique Bronze leaf charms to finish off my ribbon treatment. The the top feathers I used the beautiful Lace called Arianna Lace.

Really Reasonable Ribbon supplies used:
Rose Petal Seam Binding
Delicate Stitched Ribbon
Pink Canvas Colored Band with stitched edge
Antique Bronze Leaf Charms
Rose Buds
Arianna Lace

The material I used is one of my Favorites, its called Welcome Home, its a cotton, and I love the shabby chic/Vintage look along with all of Really Reasonable Ribbons beautiful supplies. I used a lot of my favorites on this one. I ended up making 5 of these pin cushions some with feathers, and others with the lace and seam binding, super fun project if you like to give it a try :)

 Here is a photo of 2 of the chickens I made. The smaller one was made from leftover quilting squares I had. I also used the same seam bindings, adding a white one, and then some white lace from RRR. the eye is done using a pin. Love how sweet these are. Such a fun project to make. To make these little Chicken pin Cushions you can view the YouTube video from Missouri Star Quilt company.
Thank you for looking and have a lovely day!
Hugs to all,
Cheryl

No comments: