Thursday, April 7, 2016

Shabby Chic /Jesus is the Key

Hello everyone and Happy Thursday to all!
Today's card was created for 4 challenges , and those will be listed below. I truly enjoyed creating this Sweet Shabby Chic card this morning!

I absolutely LOVE this design paper from ODBD is called Blushing Rose Collection. The NEW stamp I just received this week is called "Key to Happiness" as is also from Our Daily Bread Designs.
 
My card measures 6 x 6
Layers- cut white card stock 6 x 12" then score at 6"
Next layer is white 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" with the green design paper being 5 1/2" x 5 1/2", then added sewing to that layer
Next layer is a white piece of card stock ct 5" x 5" and then used Martha Stewart punch around the page, and the design paper piece is 4 1/4" x 4 1/4". I did add sewing to this one as well
Dies-I used Spellbinders corners, and then cut CC fancy frame and layered with CC oval stitched die. I dusted the center of the oval with Spun Sugar distressed ink from Tim Holtz.
Stamps-Our Daily Bread Designs "Key To Happiness" Love his saying
Ribbon- Really Reasonable Ribbon/Flowers are from there as well, they are Sweetheart Blossoms.
Punches-Martha Stewart Punch around the page, and branch punch
Sewing, half backed pearls
Challenges:
Splitcoaststampers/WT578 challenge(Shabby Chic)
ODBDSLC272 Challenge/Recipe(O)for ODBD stamps (D) for Double Stitching(B)for Bow&Bling(D)for Dies used
Really Reasonable Ribbon/Flowers with Ribbon and Trim
Word Art Wednesday/Anything Goes with uplifting sentiments
 
Thank you for looking and I always enjoy reading your SWEET Comments!
hugs to all,
Cheryl
 

7 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is GORGEOUS beyond words, Cheryl. I smile every time I see one of your amazing cards. God certainly blessed you with a special talent and such a sweet spirit. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. It's so nice to have you play along, and I really hope that you will continue to share your wonderful art with us.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. I'd love to have you stop by my personal blog some time to say hello if you get a chance.
Hugs,
Karen
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer, Cheryl!! This is absolutely stunning!! I so love all your details, the shabby chic design and the absolute elegance of your card!! Amazing! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!
hugs,
Chris

JD/ Jill said...

What a fabulous card! I like everything about it. The design the colors...So pretty! My kind of card!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO pretty, Cheryl. I absolutely love the sweet touches you've added. You have such a knack of knowing exactly how to make a card so soft and swThanks so much for stopping by to share your talents wtih us in our Flowers and Ribbon Challenge. We hope that you will join us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen, DT Member
Really Reasonable Ribbon

www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.comeet.

Bonnie Garby said...

Beautiful card Cheryl and I love that gorgeous bow! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Nancy Hill said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colors and beautiful bow and sentiment. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon and can't wait to see your next beautiful card or project with us soon. Nancy Hill, Really Reasonable Ribbon Design Team member

gwen said...

Love everything about your lovely, amazing pretty card !!!!!