Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Sweeet Friendship



Hello everyone,
Today I have created a card for a few different challenges. 1st up is Splitcoaststampers Color challenge, Next is Cheery Lynn #223 Flourish theme Challenge, and then Really Reasonable Ribbons #135 Celebrate Theme challenge(Friendship) is what I chose for this one.


SCS CC572 So for the Color challenge we were to use Red, Green, and 2 different blues. I did the red flowers,green flourishes, and then the blue card stocks, that are 2 different shades. I also used HC design paper that I had left over.

Cheery Lynns Flourish theme, I used 2 flourishes for my flowers to create a vine for around the Doily. The Doily used is my FAVORITE one from Cheery Lynn and is called French Pastry!

Really Reasonable Ribbons Celebrate Theme challenge. I wanted to make a friendship card to send out. So I thought Friendship would be the theme on this celebration.


Card-
Base- measures 6 x 6 so I cut the black card stock 6 x 12" and scored at 6". Next I cut my darker of the 2 blues 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" then the dp for that layer was cut at 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". Glued together and then sewn. For my smaller panel, I did the same
Flowers - were stamped in distressed ink, airbrushed with copics Red, and pink, to create this color. Next I distressed the edges with fired brick, and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder to give the glass look. Love making these. Lastly I added some vintage pearls to the centers in different sizes.
Doily-Cut in black, then I used a spellbinders circle to cut the layer on top. I stamped Our Daily Bread Designs Stamp in memento black ink, and distressed the edges of the circle in Faded Jean.

Ribbon is from my stash!
Supplies Used:
Heartfelt Creations posy stamps and dies , Vintage pearls, embossing powder, heat gun, hot glue, glue pad, memento black ink, ODBD stamps, Ribbon, Cheery Lynn Doily , Spellbinders , sewing machine, ATG gun. Glass leaves

I really enjoyed creating my card for today! hope you enjoyed my post!
hugs to all
Cheryl

6 comments:

Bonnie Garby said...

Beautiful card Cheryl! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

Bonnie Garby said...

I'm back again and i do love your card! so glad you joined us this week Cheryl. Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is such a lovely card! The black doily really makes the sentiment and gorgeous flowers stand out. Thank you so much for joining the fun at the Really Reasonable Ribbon "Celebrations" challenge!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous flowers! Thanks for joining us this week with Cheery Lynn Designs

Karen Letchworth said...

Your card is beautiful, and I want to thank you for sharing it in our Celebrations Challenge.
Blessings,
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Eva said...

This is such a beautiful card!!! Love your flowers! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week